Friday, May 6, 2011

A Second Life for Glass Jars

Recently I decided to give glass jars a second life. You know, the ones that originally come filled with spaghetti sauce, peanuts, and mayo. I used to use them, wash them, and toss them in the recycling bin. However, once I started buying more items in bulk, I found myself looking for storage containers. Tupperware was not that appealing; opaque, it was hard to see what was inside and I don't like running them through the dishwasher (high temps equal goodness knows what). Inspiration struck, and I started using an old spaghetti jar. Now I keep a few on hand, of various sizes. For kitchen storage they are ideal. Big, but not too big. Easily able to see what is inside. And you can use a permanent marker to label them on the front. A second life, and when I'm done with them, I can toss them in recycling. No extra money spent, no time wandering the aisles at Target looking for "food containers". A win win in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment