In an effort to keep the whiplash under control, I've developed a routine for dinner. One taken straight out of Betty Crocker's 1940 cook books -- a routine meal plan. Why? Not agonizing about dinner is a blessing. Instead, I have a plan developed, shop accordingly, and meals run much smoother than they used to. It also cuts down on wasted food. At our house, here is what you'll find on the dinner table:
- Sunday = Quiche and veggies;
- Monday = Crock pot chicken, brown rice, curried veggies;
- Tuesday = Soup and Bread;
- Wednesday = Leftovers (this is also the night I work late);
- Thursday = Bean dish;
- Friday = Pasta; and
- Saturday = Take-out -- Indian, Chinese or pizza (we usually use a coupon, and always get one more meal out of the leftovers).
Simple, uneventful, and low stress. The women of the 1940's knew a thing or two about running a household.