Thursday, June 30, 2011

Attempting to Grow Cilantro

Cilantro, it's something I buy at the store weekly. And it is also something I toss in the compost weekly. I use it, but not all of it. The store sells it in predetermined clumps. I need a little, not a lot. So, I bought some cilantro seeds. I figured I'd grow my own. Failure! Next I bought a cilantro plant for $2.50 at Trader Joe's. I put it out with the potted tomato plants. We had a summer storm. The cilantro was dead before I could harvest one snippet! Help, how does one grow cilantro? I still have some seeds and would like to give this another try. Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely keep it out of direct sun, and pare it back frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth -- Ahhh, that was the problem, it was in direct sun. We'll try again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete