Monday, June 27, 2011

Curly Girl Experiment

I've been on vacation, the perfect time to embrace the Curly Girl method. Why? Giving up shampooing every day in order for the natural bounce of your hair to emerge takes time. And the period in between isn't that lovely.

The experiment started well. My hair was a bit oily on top, but was fuller than in recent years. Then I had my hair cut. Not thinking to speak up, the stylist shampooed, conditioned, spritzed my hair during my cut. So, I'm starting again.

Today I used a simple mix of baking soda and water, the oily look vanished. My hair looks like I got a perm, but all I did was eliminate the shampoo and take a simplicity approach.

So far so, good. I'm curious to see how this hair care method will hold up when vacation ends and life returns to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment