Thursday, June 9, 2011

Frugal Is Not Being Impuslive

Last month I wrote about how being patient saved me money, and once again I find it happening again. Several weeks ago I got a quote on having some tree work done. I decided to table the work until late fall, once all the lovely greens that had sprung to life in our yard had receded for a Wisconsin winter. One tasks was to remove a mulberry tree in the corner of our yard, recommended by the company.

Over the weekend my neighbor asked me if I was fond of the tree. I said no, and he agreed, it shaded his tomato plants. Then he said, "I can take it out for you if you want". Sure!!! And to my surprise it was gone within 2 days. The cost, a loaf of homemade cinnamon oatmeal raisin bread. He enjoyed the bread so much he offered to do more work for another loaf.

Patience, so glad I've found a bit more of it these days. Saved money and bonded with the neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment