Thursday, June 2, 2011

Home Haircuts

So, I bought a pair of hair cutting scissors. $20 at Target. My hope, to use them enough times to recover the cost. My intended customer? Our 2 1/2 year old son. Why? Because someone offered to teach me how to cut his hair. I already cut my husband's hair; he has a buzz cut, no fear of loud machines, and is an engineer (a.k.a. not that focused on his appearance -- just utilitarian about it). So why not! Trying to find a time when I'm not working and both the toddler and baby are fed, rested, and "up for a trip" to the "salon" (a.k.a. cost cutters) is next to impossible. That would explain my son's current hairstyle.

Windblown for summer would be a nice name for this current look. Last week the friendliest grocery store clerk on either side of the Mississippi offered to teach me to cut his hair when I said "one day we'll get to Cost Cutters. This women already gave us a carrier when she saw me at the store with both a toddler and a baby; dropped it off at my house. Yes, she is that amazing. So, I accepted her offer. But there is one condition, in exchange we are giving her a fresh, homemade loaf of cinnamon oatmeal raisin bread; it's in the bread machine at this very moment.

Check back later for before and after pictures. And no, this is not a long-term grooming strategy for my son. Once life calms down, we're more rested, etc., he can to to a regular stylist.....so, probably when he goes off to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment