Sunday, July 17, 2011

Book Review: Fun Family Projects: 15 Great Ideas That Mom, Dad, and Kids Can Build and Enjoy

Fun Family Projects: 15 Great Ideas That Mom, Dad, and Kids Can Build and Enjoy by This Old House caught my eye on a recent library visit. A quick scan and I decided to put it in my "take home" pile. I spent about 30 minutes flipping through the book and decided a few things. One, it is not for families with little kids. If your kids are 8 and older, it might be worth a read. And two, the projects seemed pricey. Build an easel, cost estimate, $125. Build a fort, estimated cost, $175. Build a raised garden best, estimated cost, $225.

Great ideas, but my frugal sense tells me you can do these projects for less money if you get creative in gathering materials. Personally, I like the project ideas of a fort and homemade bird feeder. This book will be by inspiration, but I'm aiming to build them for a lot less than what this book suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment