Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Discovering Dane County's Clean Sweep Program

Finally I got a chance to box up some of the chemical cans left in our garage by the previous owner. Paint, cleaners, motor oil, you name it, it was there. I had heard about the Clean Sweep Program, but knew very little. From its web site I determined that it functions from May through October and is based at the Dane County Garage. Check the web site for exact dates and times.

Upon arriving I was greeted by a staff person who provided a concise overview of the program, and pointed out a feature I did not know about....Free items for the public. Yes, in addition to gathering old and unusable chemicals for proper disposal, the site provided a booth for people to select still usable items from. There was a lot of paint, some household cleaners, etc. I left packages of window insulators (for cold winters) and a garden hose.

So, if you have chemicals that need to be disposed of, or you are looking for small amounts of paint, cleaners, etc., check it out. What a great government program!

No comments:

Post a Comment