Sunday, July 31, 2011

Extreme Frugality -- Reusing Cereal Boxes

The main focus of this blog is not to come up with 101 uses for dryer lint, the approach of some frugal bloggers. Rather, it is the philosophy of making your time and dollars go as far as possible. But, I am not immune from some extreme frugal ideas.

One is to cut up cereal boxes. Usually the inside is blank. The large sections I give to my 3 year old for water colors or drawing. The sides I cut up and use for grocery lists. Why? My motivation is more at keeping things out of the landfill than saving money, but I'll take that to. Once you are frugal, it can be hard to stop.

Anyone want to share an "extreme frugal" tip today?

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, now I'm intrigued by the possibilities for re-using laundry lint!

    ReplyDelete