Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Garage Sale Season

Summer is upon us, temperatures rise, thunderstorms break the heat, and the weekend is marked by the sprouting "Garage Sale" signs on road medians. Since my children arrived I rarely have the chance to "garage sale" anymore. Instead 2nd hand shops are easier to navigate with the kids or work into my schedule. Yet, one day I would love to check out the world's largest garage sale. 675 miles in length, from Michigan to Alabama. It sounds like a site I'd like to see. Not this year, maybe next. Anyone attended? Is it worth the time?

2 comments:

  1. I like garage sales, but rarely go out in search of them. As you say, second hand stores are a lot easier, and I have a special place in my heart for Savers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Savers, it is at the top of my favorite list as well.

    ReplyDelete