Friday, July 1, 2011

July, Independence and Frugality

July -- a month for celebrating independence. People often ask why I go to the trouble of being frugal. Is it worth the effort? I believe it is. Why? It gives my family independence. Frugality allows my husband and I to both be self-employed. Yes, that is correct. We both work for ourselves. That means we buy our own insurances and save for our own retirement. We also set our own hours and never have to worry about getting a pink slip. It is not for everyone, but it is for us. Through frugality we are able to live on less, save a lot, and ride out periods of unstable income. It looks like July will be one of those months as my husband's business transitions into serving different clients. We are excited about new opportunities, but I'm also gearing up to maximize my frugal ways. Living on less will allow him to take some exciting challenges. Independence, that is one thing frugality gives us.

Why do you read a blog on frugality -- what's in it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment