- read the declaration of independence (inspired by our neighborhood association, Hillfarms, which will be doing this at the neighborhood park);
- swim or splash in the water at a FREE town/city/county beach;
- fire up the grill and roast veggies (diced, dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper) wrapped in tin-foil. Goes well with grilled meat or fake meat entrees;
- enjoy angel food cake with blueberries and strawberries;
- light sparklers in your back or front yard; and
- enjoy the fireflies as the dance at dusk.
May you all have a wonderful 4th of July. If you have any other frugal holiday ideas for the 4th, please share.