Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Price of Beauty?

Getting ready for bed while on vacation, I noticed a small sign next to the sink. In a jist - please use the make-up remover toilettes we've set out instead of our towels because modern make-up stains them permanently. What? If it stains towels, permanently, what on earth are women doing putting this stuff on their face?

I gave up make-up when I was pregnant with my first child. I'd never been a big user of the stuff, but lipstick, mascara, and finger nail polish were common in my bathroom. Especially the polish. Upon becoming pregnant I was much more aware of what I was putting in and on my body. After reading a bit about nail polishes they were removed from the cabinet and have not been replaced.

If you are looking to save money, cut back on the make-up. Google searches show that women usually spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a year on make-up. In the short-term, that is a lot of cash. In the long term, that could add up to some hefty health care costs if the claims asserted against those products are true.

So, would you give up your make-up? If so, why?

1 comment:

  1. I gave up on makeup. But not because I'm frugal. Because I'm lazy!

    ReplyDelete