Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Don't Toss Condiments, Especially FREE Ones

I caught myself the other day, just about to toss some leftover packages of parmesan cheese and red pepper (from take out pizza) into the trash. I retracted my hand. Inspiration struck -- save these for my husband's brown bag lunches. He doesn't really use a brown bag, but I routinely put leftovers in tupperware that I then freeze. If he needs a lunch, he grabs a container from the freezer. A frequent request of his is to "add more spice" to the dishes. I'm not all the found of extensive spices, nor are the kids. It is easier for him to doctor his meals. So, instead of just dosing food with "fire syrup" that we keep in the cabinet, he can use these up as well. Stretching the value from take-out by using every drop off food. I haven't gone to the lengths of gathering free condiments from restaurants.....but this is close!

1 comment:

  1. We used to call using those little packets of free condiments "living off the fat of the land."

    ReplyDelete