Monday, August 8, 2011

Frugal Means Anticipating The Cost

This past year we opened a Target Debit Card; we get 5% off our purchase and Target deducts it from our checking account. We have a good routine now, and enjoy the 5% off. It even works at the in-store Starbucks. And thanks to my ability to remember exactly how much that 5% off tall coffee costs, I caught Target making a mistake.

For some reason the coffee was coming up as $1.58, not $1.50. I paid and then inquired at Customer Service. They said, "oh, the machine is down, the teller is supposed to run a coupon instead." I then presented the receipt for my Target purchase, and it too was missing the discount.

Thanks to my concern for 8 cents on coffee, I also received the $3 discount on my weekly purchase...it had slipped my attention checking out. Lesson, know what amount you expect the teller to ask for. If you can't, quickly scan your receipt before leaving. Remember, pennies add up to dollars!

No comments:

Post a Comment