Sunday, August 7, 2011

Frugality and Patience, Toddler Style

This past June I gave our toddler his first home hair cut. This past week I attempted to give him his second. It did not unfold as planned. He eagerly agreed to have his locks trimmed, sitting at the kitchen table while his baby sister napped. However, once the scissors met his hair, he complained that they "hurt". Most likely it was my less than skilled approach (i.e. pulled on the hair a bit hard). Soon he was demanding a trip to Cost Cutters.

Patience is key to frugal living. So, this week he is walking around with an odd cut....I managed to get some off the top before he demanded to be set free. Instead of giving in to his demands, I'm waiting it out. And will attempt to finish the job another day.

If anyone out there has tips on getting a toddler to sit for a home hair cut, I'd love to hear them. Otherwise, we'll be off to Cost Cutters.....and we'll use the frequent punch card!

No comments:

Post a Comment