Saturday, August 13, 2011

Frugality at the Office

I recently relocated my office (when not writing blog posts I am either Mama to a 3 and 1 year old or an estate planning attorney). I can now bike or walk to work if I plan my schedule accordingly. With my move came some overhead costs. I had to furnish the space, and got a great set up from Quality Furniture, with mainly new items. Delivered and assembled for $800 -- it was a great price and very easy.

The move also required me to pay for internet directly. I opted for a 5 year plan with a company to get the lowest rates. It came with a wireless router. From the router and lawyer friend of mine on the floor below can use the internet as well. Her firm is going to split the cost, cutting my internet fee in half. I still need some wall decor and things. A trip to Savers is in my near future.

My frugal ways do not stop when I leave my home, I carry them into my practice. From that I can offer competitive rates, and bring estate planning to those who might not otherwise be able to afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment