- I read stories aloud to my children (ages 3 and 1). I avoid the horrific stories and focus on science and nature for the most part. It is a nice way for me to stay up to date, introduces amazing words to them, and gives us great conversation topics;
- Cut out coupons or note discounts that are featured in the paper;
- Use the paper to find free or low cost events to attend;
- Complete the games or word puzzles and give your brain a workout; and
- When complete, pass the paper on to a friend, neighbor or co-worker. If consistent enough, they may even share some of the subscription cost.