- mix: 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 melted butter, and 2 eggs;
- add 1/4 cup finely chopped figs and 1/4 cup dried cranberries (feel free to mix this up with whatever you might have in your kitchen), and 1 teaspoon vanilla;
- mix dry ingredients: 1 cup white flour; 1/2 cup whole wheat flour; 1/2 cup unprocessed bran; 1/2 teaspoon baking soda; generous dashes of cinnamon, ground allspice, and nutmeg;
- Mix wet and dry ingredients;
- Drop on greased cookie sheet with an ice cream scope;
- bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.