- Provide beverages and dessert. You can purchase water, soda, beer, etc. when it is on special and save it for the party. If there are unused containers, put them aside until you have another event. Use seasonal foods for your desserts. Our menu includes crock-pot applesauce, caramel apples, vanilla ice cream with nuts and caramel sauce, and a baked apple cake. Oh, and smores on the grill. All relatively inexpensive items, but very tasty.
- Purchase second had mugs and cups instead of disposable ones. I went to Goodwill and picked out a dozen eclectic coffee mugs. This should cut down on people not knowing which drink is theirs, and will minimize the amount of trash we'll toss in a landfill.
- Purchase cloth napkins, again from a second hand store. You can wash the and store them between events.
- Use sturdy plastic utensils and plates. Have a bin to collect dirty ones, wash, store, and use again at the next event.
- Ask guests to bring food to share. You'll be amazed at the variety of foods that will appear.
Have another tip? Please share by posting a comment.