As I write this post, his article is not yet available. However, as Madison native I'll offer a few free or inexpensive ways to enjoy this lovely city:
- Henry Vilas Zoo -- one of a handful of free zoos in the country, it is a delight no mater what the season;
- Holy Wisdom Seminary -- great for possible lodging or just a day-hike....the view of the Madison sky line is breathtaking at sunset;
- Farmers' Markets -- inexpensive, quality, fresh food. Great way to grab a fast snack, wander around town (they are held in various locations), and enjoy the mid-morning;
- Tour the First Unitarian Society of Madison - the historic meeting house was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright (a former member) and the new addition it a marvel in green building; and
- Enjoy a fantastic pizza at Paisan's downtown. The location has changed several times over the past 40 years or so, but the delicious pizza always pleases.
How about you dear reader, what frugal Madison offering did I miss?