Monday, November 21, 2011

Book Review: A Homemade Christmas by Tina Barseghian


My goal is to bring you a book review each Monday. The book I selected for today's post is winter holiday themed. Instead of waiting until after Turkey Day, the official start to the holiday season, I am bringing this review early so that you'll have plenty of time to find and read a copy before finding yourself in the thick of the holiday season.

If you are looking to take the commercialization out of the Christmas season, yet maintain some the traditions, I highly recommend you read A Homemade Christmas: Creative Ideas for an Earth-Friendly, Frugal, Festive Holiday by Tina Barseghian. This is a book that I will consider adding to my permanent collection. That says a lot because even though I am a self-described bookworm, I use the library for the vast majority of my reads.

A Homemade Christmas: Creative Ideas for an Earth-Friendly, Frugal, Festive Holiday consists of 5 chapters and is just under 130 pages long. Each chapter contains several ideas for holiday cheer, as well as several "kid friendly" concepts that are flagged. The chapters include: greeting; trimming, cooking, giving, and celebrating.

From homemade holiday cards to stocking alternatives to homemade snow globes, my mind was just a bubbling as I read her book. I will be using several of her ideas this coming holiday season, and will pull on others in the years to come.

If putting the "green" back in the holiday season is a priority for you, check out this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment