Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Growing Herbs....In the Bathroom?


Our house runs north to south, which means we get very little southern exposure. Translation, there are not a lot of spots with great light for growing plants. The kitchen is especially lacking. So, my first attempt at potted herbs was a dismal failure. Then one morning, after a shower (I always think best when being doused in hot water), inspiration hit. The bath off of our bedroom gets great southern light, and at least twice a day becomes humid from the shower. The perfect place to give potted spinach and cilantro a try. And guess what, it worked!!! The only down side is that it is not a room the kids hang out it every day, so they are not getting the daily contact with the eco-world I would like. But, I have fresh spinach and cilantro to harvest, so no complaints. Winter hasn't even arrived yet and I'm already eager for Spring planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment