Friday, December 2, 2011

How to Measure a Toddler's Foot?

Okay, I have to admit that one reason I take my kids to the pricey shoe store at the upscale mall is that they measure my kids' feet. This "service" is not as common as it used to be. Stores like Target and Kohls don't have staff on hand, nor have I seen those little scales that the sales people whip out at the high-end store.

But, there is Google. Ah, how the frugal love Google. A Mecca for do-it-yourselfers. With a quick search I found a printable foot chart. It even has a key at the bottom; compare it to a credit card to make sure it printed to scale. I plan to have mine laminated so that it is more robust. Attempting to measure my daughter's foot is a challenge since she is only 17 months old and in constant motion. But, it is a skill I plan to master. Now I can shop on-line or pick items up that are on clearance. For 3 years I lived in a fog, not having a clear sense of my chidrens' shoe sizes. I'll blame it on sleep deprivation.

How about you? What have you used Google to find resources that you once paid for?

Photo credit: www.sxc.hu - free image

No comments:

Post a Comment