Friday, January 27, 2012

Frugal Women Leaves $1.7 Million to Charity

Have you ever been called "frugal" and it sounded like a four-letter word.   I've been asked repeatedly why I would opt to live on less than I make.  Loyal readers know my response -- it allows me to fund things that are important to me.

And earlier this week I read a wonderful story of another women of the frugal nature, who upon her death at age 96 was able to leave $1.7 Million to St. Vincent de Paul.  If you are looking for motivation, this is a great story.  It does not say how the women earned a living, but it appears that she amassed the money on her own -- there was no windfall to her.  And her frugality is allowing her legacy to continue well beyond her years here on earth.  How can that be a bad thing?

Photo credit: www.sxc.hu - free image

What about you -- why are your frugal or why are you trying to become frugal?  I'd love to hear your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment