Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cutting Fuel Expenses

Gas prices are creeping up, have you noticed?  I drive an economical car, and I keep my trips as infrequent as possible.  One thing I've done this year is to drastically reduce the number of times I drive to the bank.

As a small business owner (I have a part-time legal practice), I am handed checks from clients on a weekly basis.  Which meant I was running to my credit union, at least once a week.  And then I found out that I can simply mail in my deposits.  And even better, the envelope is furnished by the credit union and postage is paid by them, not me!

So, instead of 4 to 6 trips to the credit union each month, I now go twice a month.  I take out enough cash for y personal spending and groceries.  If I have deposits, I take care of those at the same time.  The rest are handled by the USPS.  They make the rounds every day, so why duplicate the effort!

The savings probably don't amount to too much.  But I'm saving gas, wear and tear on my car, and the precious time I do not have enough of.

Think outside the box.  What areas of your life can you re-structure to reduce car trips?  Share your stories, other readers, as would I, would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment