Monday, March 26, 2012

Freezer Report: Asparagus Soup

If you read last week's post, you know that I finally uncovered the asparagus I froze last Spring.  Over the weekend I turned it into a creamed soup, inspired by a recipe given to me by a friend.  Here is what I did:


  • 2 bags frozen asparagus, saute in 1 cup vegetable broth with a bit of garlic;
  • in a separate pan, melt 1/4 cup butter, add 1/4 flour, whisk to make a paste, remove from heat.
  • to asparagus add the four paste, 2.5 cups vegetable broth, a dash of salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup whole milk.  Stir and let simmer.
An amazingly simple soup.  I also think it would taste nice with rice added.  I might try that next time, but I'll have to uncover more asparagus.  

Next week I'll report on my attempts to consume the large amounts of frozen eggplant I recently uncovered.  Meals will have to expand beyond curry in order for us to put a dent in my stash.  Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment