- Get people together.....and clean up a park or water shore. My little family is organizing a park clean up through our church neighborhood group;
- Use your feet....avoid driving on Earth Day. Let your feet take you where you need to go. If it is too far try a bike, bus, or carpool;
- Shop! Make a list of holiday and gift items you need over the next few months (even year if you are ambitious) and hit your favorite thrift store(s). Give items a second life, and reduce all that shopping down to one trip;
- Spend an hour removing yourself from junk mail lists. Click here for specifics; and
- Cook a feast....of vegetables. Spend a few hours making soups, breads, and other meals that are full of vegetables. Avoid meat for a few days, a week, maybe a month.
You've got 10 days to get ready....what will you do to celebrate the Earth on April 22nd?
Image credit: www.sxc.hu - free image