- curried cauliflower, squash and eggplant;
- zucchini bread;
- asparagus, bean, and ham soup (used the last of the Easter ham);
- Lamb stew (used the last of the cabbage);
- vegetable soup; and
- whole wheat blue berry jelly muffins.
The last item was a huge surprise, absolutely lovely. Inspired by the container of homemade blueberry jam I found in the freezer. The recipe is below, and I highly recommend it!
And that is that. Next week I'll turn to reporting on putting away items for next winter. Time flies!
Whole Wheat Muffins with Jam (The Tassajara Bread Book)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup oil or melted butter
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup honey or molasses
- 1.5 cups milk
Blend together. Fill mini muffin pan cups half way. Drop in about 1/2 teaspoon jam or jelly. Put a spoonful of batter on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Get ready to enjoy pure goodness! The jam I made used 6 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons lemon, and pectin. I failed to write down the amount of berries, but it was probably a quart. A bit runny, but it works well in the muffins as well as on oatmeal.
Sorry, no images today. My normal internet connection is down and I am using the "hot spot" on my phone. Not wanting to go over my limit, I am avoiding unnecessary downloads of images. Frugal, but that shouldn't surprise you my dear reader!