Image credit: www.sxc.hu - free image
Nothing beats the aroma of coffee brewing in the morning. I love my coffee, probably a bit too much. If you are like me and enjoy your cup of joe (or pot), here are a few tips on how to make the most of your coffee expenditures.
- brew at home, the cost per cup is far less expensive (this varies depending on the coffee you buy);
- during the summer months pour coffee that was unused into a class or metal container and put it in the fridge. Add to ice and you have yummy iced coffee;
- if you need a bit of milk to cut the bitterness, use a smidge of whole or half & half. A little goes far further than skim and saves resources;
- consider sweetening with almond or soy milk, again much less expensive than cows milk;
- keep the used grounds to add to your compost pile or give to someone who does compost; and
- if you are drinking away from home bring your own cup -- usually you'll save $0.25 or so.
Enjoy, and share any tips I have yet to uncover!