Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Biking Comes To My Life

The following are signs that biking is not your normal mode of transportation:

  • your bike helmet has cobwebs in it;
  • it is easier to get your car out of the garage than it is your bike; and
  • you have to search for a bike lock.
All three faced me this past Saturday evening when I decided to bike to the grocery store.  But they did not stand in my way.  It took about 15 minutes to get my self situated, but I did.  Up the hill (yes there is an upward grade to Copps from my home) I went, empty backpack and all.  At the store I selected my items with care; they had to all fit in my backpack, and I had to transport them home via peddle power, not petroleum.

Mission accomplished.  My first bike outing went well, and I'm eager for the next.  Traveling solo is not common for me, the kids are usually along.  For now my trips will not be daily events.  My biggest obstacle remains biking to work.  I'm tempted to bike with my computer, but pause....I can't risk all my work documents.  Open Office seems promising, we just need to figure out how to get "numbered lines" working and then biking to work will be a reality.

Thanks for the positive feedback, I can use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment