Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Frugal Pain Relief

"For decades my natural response was to grab for the bottle of generic Ibuprofen when I had a headache of other minor pain.  Recently I've changed that habit, and now I reach for a bottle of aspirin.  Influenced by his book The End of Illness I was motivated by several factors.  One, aspirin has been around for a long time, and its side effects are well known.  Two, aspirin is associated with lowering the risk of heart attack and stroke in those over 40 (which is a milestone not so far off for me).  And third, a bottle costs about $1.00.  
And there you have it, new tricks can still be learned.  Please do not read this as any form of medical advice.  I am a lawyer, not a doctor.  It is essential that you consult your physician about making changes in your medicine.  Moreover, I do not give my children aspirin as it I can have dangerous results.  I'm just a frugal midwesterner who wanted to share a small money saving change I've made recently.

How about you?  Do you have a frugal story to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment