Friday, August 10, 2012

Sundara Spa: Frugal Use of Gift Cards

My life is blessed with some truly amazing friends.  One friend gave me an early birthday present on our recent girls weekend in St. Paul.  She had thought we might get a pedicure over the weekend, and had purchased a Spa Finder gift card for an early birthday gift.  I opted to sip a coffee at a french restaurant instead, saving the gift card for closer to my birthday.

If you have never been to Sundara Spa, well you are missing a slice of heaven on earth.  It has been several years since my last visit, but I am headed back this fall....and again in the spring.  All thanks to my friend.  With her gift I can purchase to manicures, the least expensive salon service provided.  But, at Sundara any salon service comes with access to the relaxation center.  There one finds hot baths, steam rooms, a tranquil lounge, outdoor pool, all tucked in by pine trees.

Instead of spending the gift on one mega service, I will split it into two.  Maximizing some tranquil time and getting the most of her thoughtfulness.  Knowing I'm headed there in a few weeks is a treat, and this winter I will be further delighted to know another trip awaits in the Spring.  Her kindness is greatly appreciated, so much that I want to make it last as long as possible.

Keep this approach in mind if and when gift cards enter your life -- how can you make the most of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment