Friday, September 7, 2012

Frugal Geraniums

This past Mother's Day I bought myself four gorgeous geranium plants for a local greenhouse (Johannsen's). The price was higher than the big box stores, but the results were amazing.  The plants are simply gorgeous.  And the frugal part of my mind cannot tolerate the idea of a frost killing them off.  So I have been looking into ways to extend their life......treating them as perennials.

What I've gathered so far is to bring them in prior to the first frost, snip them down about 1/3, and give them as much sun as possible over the winter months.  But one cannot trust everything they read on the internet.  How about you dear reader, any thoughts or suggestions on nursing my geraniums through a Wisconsin winter so they can brighten my yard again next summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment