Friday, November 2, 2012

Getting The Most Out of a Tank of Gas

Today's thought is compliments of a blurb in my church's weekly order of service.  To live a green life, make sure you are removing any bike or boat racks from you car if you will not be using them in the near future.  While handy, they increase wind resistance and drive up you fuel costs.

This reminder did not apply to my car, but it did remind me to remove the 50 pound stroller I had sitting in the truck.  There is no need to lug it around on trips when I won't be using it.  What's in your trunk?  Can you store it somewhere else when you do not need it immediately.  Over time these little things add up.  Easier on your wallet and the planet!

Thanks for reading, and I'll be back next week with more thoughts on our frugal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment