Sunday, February 3, 2013

Frugal Kids via Book on Thoreau

"Oh, oh, can we read another book Mama?"

"Sure, how about this one - If You Spent a Day with Thoreau at Walden Pond".  I love this one!"

"Again?  How about another Lego book Mama?"


And so goes the debate between mother and children as we work our way through stacks of books, most from the library, others from our own shelves.  Recently I checked out the above mentioned book, written b Robert Burleigh, and it has been a delight.  Yes, this is another post about frugal and or simplicity parenting.  I dare you to read this aloud to children and not earn for life with just a bit less stimulus.

Again I'd recommend this as a gift for parents of children, but older this time, probably 3 and up.  There is a simple story followed by more advanced information on Henry David Thoreau.  And my favorite, quotes!

I'll leave you with a favorite.  Once again I think it might be time for me to pull my copy of Walden from my shelf and settle in for a few hours of Thoreau wisdom.
"Our houses are such unwiedly property that we are often imprisoned rather than housed in them". - Henry David Thoreau
Agree, disagree, feel free to leave a comment and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment