Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Incredible, Edible....and Frugal Egg!

You could say that I have had a challenging week.  Last Tuesday my body continued to due battle with one of the nastiest bugs I have ever landed.  Knocked me out to the point where I missed three work days in a row.  That has never happened before.  As I regained my strength and footing towards the end of the week, my ailing mother began to loose her's.  In just a few days she slipped from weak but "still Sharon" to non-responsive.  Sunday morning I sat with her, sipping tea and reading a book, and she slipped away. Transitioned as hospice might call it.  Her passing was not a shock given her declining health, but still, my mom is gone.  A week ago we spoke on the phone, tonight all I have are memories, photos, and her expressions replicated on my daughter's face.  For many these times might be the night, or night after night, to order in food.  Not here.  Instead, it has been all about the incredible, edible, and frugal egg.

Scrambled, fried sandwich, quiche, frittata, or hard boiled -- it is a simple, healthy, filling and frugal meal to serve for dinner. So the next time life knocks you down and the temptation to order in strikes, open your fridge.  Are there eggs in there?  If yes, pull them out, cook them up, serve with fruit and something starchy. You'll save money, energy, and do wonders for your health if you avoid the less than healthy delivery options.

My parents, who are now both gone from this earthly world.  They gave me life as well as a frugal sensibility.  

2 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you warm thoughts from cold, rainy Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of your loss!

    My thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete