Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Frugal Spring Welcome

March 20th is here, welcome to the first day of Spring.  Snow may be in the forecast for the week ahead, but Wisconsinites know that slowly we are working our way towards warmer weather.  For now I am enjoying the dry cold air, it is perfect for line drying the endless loads of wash a family with two children can produce.  Yes, all winter long I use a combination of a drying rack and a hanging bar in the basement to air dry our clothes.  Warm and humid weather will bring a return to using the dryer; our allergies make a clothes line a non-option for us.

Dinner featured turkey burgers, sweet potato, and a lovely cream of asparagus soup.  I'll be the first to admit, I'm quite delayed in the use of my pureed asparagus in the chest freezer.  It is nearly "that time of year" again and this is the first soup.  Oh well, it's been a difficult past six months.  If you have other ideas for pureed asparagus, send them my way.

My apologies for the gap in posts.  I've been frugal here, but just too tired at the end of the day to post.  My Facebook page for this blog emailed me today saying it missed me, and voila, a post results.  Have a great end of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment