Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Cookbook Delight!


Sunday was a stellar day on many fronts -- and here is one excellent high-note!  As Sunday dinner with The Village came to a close I handed "my" copy of the Attic Angel Association's Cookbook.  I was told volume II was not as good as volume I, but it "is still excellent -- we'll keep hunting for volume I for you, everyone in The Village has both." The Village consists of several women I went to grade school as well as high school with, their parents, siblings, spouse, children, and dogs.  They put the substance into "it takes a Village" and we are so thankful for them.  And just like us, they adore thrift.  My most recent cookbook was found via St. Vincent de Paul, and it will be the location where volume I is eventually found.  Thanks women of The Village!  Our frugal path relies heavily upon eating home cooked meals.  It keeps food expenses down by minimizing meals out, provides easy fare for brown bag lunches, allows children to be involved with preparing veggies.  And goes easy on Mother Earth in terms of reducing paper waste, etc., associated with restaurant meals.  Now it is time to close the computer and open my latest cookbook -- what delights await?

1 comment:

  1. You may want to peruse volume I at your local library (LinkCat)!

    ReplyDelete