Friday, March 28, 2014

What I've Been Reading: Optimal Living 360 by Sanjay Jain




The title caught my attention and I put it in my list of library requests -- Optimal Living 360: smart decision making for a balanced life by Sanjay Jain.  A very quick read, I am happy it was not a book I bought.  I am glad I took time to read it, but 98 percent was information I already knew, packaged in a MBA approach to life.  The acronym ROI (return on investment) appears throughout the book, and was a bit too trendy for my tastes.

The final chapter touched on what I hoped the book would have gone into far more substance on -- time management. A few gems were found.  The idea of eliminating one hour of clutter from your day results in an extra 23 hours a year.  If I could save an hour on junk emails, annoying tasks, etc., I could gain an entire day.  That is motivating.  Followed up by a great quote, it is something I plan to tackle in the days and weeks ahead.  I am frugal with my money, but also my time.

It [time] is our most valuable currency and our most limited resource.  It can't be bought no matter how rich you are or how many material goods you acquire.  Nor can it be recovered; once lost, it is gone forever.
Thanks for reading, and have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment