Saturday, July 26, 2014

It's A Keeper: Cream of Cauliflower Soup From Crockpot

Yesterdays post mentioned my first attempt at a crockpot cream of cauliflower soup.  The results, in a word, winner!  Okay, the kids would not try it, but I loved it and look forward to this being on a weekly rotation in the kitchen.  My take on the recipe from this book:


  •  Florets of medium cauliflower (mine was from the local farmers' market);
  • chopped leeks (2 small, I'll add more next time, also from the local market);
  • container of broth (I used chicken);
  • salt and pepper
  • simmer on low for 5 hours

Immersion blend, add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream as well as more pepper, blend and serve.  It was excellent alongside fresh cucumber (gift from frugal friend and neighbor) as a hotdog.  Delicious, fresh, frugal and took very little time to make.  Added bonus is the use of a crockpot; it was a cool evening, but on a hot summer day, the crockpot is far more efficient that a soup from the stove. That is a winner in my recipe book!

No comments:

Post a Comment