Friday, September 26, 2014

Frugal Parenting in Seattle

I'm back, literally and figuratively.  Loyal readers may remember posts back in May about frugal travel to Seattle, planned for later in the year.  Well, that is where I have been -- sadly, I did not have my computer along and posting was not an option.

Seattle -- lots to say and reflect on, more in the future.  For now I will leave you with a few pictures.

When traveling with kids, focus less on venues that charge admission and focus more on the simple wonders of the area.  My husband and I stood watch as our two creative ones played in a make shift fort along the shore of Lake Union.  No admission fee necessary.



While in Seattle I celebrated the conclusion of my 41st trip around the sun, to quote my daughter.  And by the time I have made my 42nd trip, I plan to have off loaded package from the homefront.  Less is more, something driven home by traveling about the world.  My current focus -- replacing our bedroom dresser without having to buy another.  Can I make that happen without feeling like living out of a suitcase?  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment