Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Quote....

No photo from my day, but it was another frugal one.   After walking our son to the (free) public elementary school up the road, while my husband delivered our younger child to her preschool, I drove to Dubuque for a funeral mass.  The mother of a dear friend passed away a few weeks ago, and today we gathered to honor her life and spirit.  Below is a quote from the order of service, and its fits my frugal philosophy.  No author was noted, leave a comment if you know the writer:
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation to know that even one life has breathed easier because I have lived.  That is to have succeeded. 
No mention of the square footage of your home, make/model of your vehicle, or if you made it to the upper tax brackets.  No mention of couponing your way to over-stuffed cupboards or getting the absolute most for the absolute least amount of money.  It's much more about quality over quantity.  And that is my approach to a frugal life.

2 comments:

  1. Love the quote! I always thought it was Emerson but apparently actiaklky attributed to Bessie Anderson Stanley. Either way, it is very well said. Love your blog - it is encouraging me towards being frugal not only with my finances but with my time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the note! Time is just as precious, if not more, than dollars. Have a great rest of the week.

      Delete