Saturday, December 13, 2014

Brie Baked With Honey

Need a quick, last minute dish to put on a holiday table?  Last night I discovered the easy and luxurious dish of honey baked brie.  As simple as can be, and thanks to Trader Joes -- affordable.

  • Large cut of brie in  a baking dish
  • drizzle with honey (local is ideal)
  • Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees
  • Serve with apples, crackers or baguette.  
Simple, healthy (come on, we all know the French are healthier than Americans), and not all that pricey.

Sorry, no photo from last night.  The brie was served alongside some slow-cooked pork (simmered in apple juice, water and dried apricots) and chocolates as part of a Scotch tasting we (well I since my husband had to be in London for business) at a local UU church.  We'd offered the event as a service auction item, and I left with a favorite new recipe.  And I cannot wait to see if my little frugal ones will eat it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment