Friday, May 8, 2015

Happy Birthday Frugal Style....



"Happy Birthday Sweetie, I cleaned the basement and baked you cookies!" -- says this author to her husband.  That my dear reader is the extent of birthday gifts between spouses in our frugal home. Today, May 8th, my dear husband enters his 40s.  Flying in on a red-eye from meetings in Seattle, he will be greeted at home by two handmade signs on the door from the garage.  Our oldest wishing him a happy 40th, our youngest welcoming him home.  One the counter he will find a double batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies the three of us baked last night, and cards from the family await on the dinning room table.  The biggest "surprise" of all will likely be that I used some down time while he was out of town to purge in our our basement, bringing our year-to-date total to 1,093 items removed from our home. And once the purging there was done, I cleaned and tidied up a bit.  No, this is not the type of gift you'd see promoted on TV or glossy magazines, but I can tell you with 100 percent certainty -- my frugal other half will be delighted.  That is our frugal approach to spousal birthdays -- what's yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment