Friday, June 12, 2015

Purge of 2015: An Update

Crisp, clean, open, free -- all words that come to mind when I glance at this image I took back in 2013 during a family trip to the Milwaukee Art Museum.  What this photo projects is what I aim to achieve, on a smaller scale, here in our home.  The motivation behind our efforts to purge 2,015 items in 2015.

Here we are dear reader, once again on a Friday, and ready to report the tally.  As of today we have removed 1,192 items from our home.  Progress continues, but at a much slower pace.  From the open space in closets and drawers, a greater sense of order is slowly taking hold.

When we started down this path I assumed the purge would make cleaning the house easier and put a little extra cash in our pockets from items we sell.  I did not realize its power to stifle my shopping.  Earlier today I received an email alert from Savers announcing a 30% womens' and girls dresses next Monday.  I could use some more dresses, but I do not need more dresses, and darn it -- I want to make progress on the number of items removed from the house.  Shopping would send me in the opposite direction.  Email deleted!

Tips, comments, thoughts on how to keep the purge going are all welcome.  Leave a comment and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment