Sunday, November 1, 2015

Day of the Dead Wardrobe 365

Image by M. Gustafson Gervasi, 2015
November 1st - The Day of the Dead.  Spinning a bit on today's theme I give you my new frugal plan for work clothing -- a uniform of black. Living frugal to me is not just the expenditure of money, but time.  We all only get 24 hours a day, and I spend too much of those precious hours debating what to buy and wear to the office.  Envious of my husband's "owner of an engineering firm" look, I too wanted a uniform.  And then in my Facebook feed was this article on successful folks who wear the same thing everyday.  No that might be a bit extreme, but I've decided to focus on black pants, skirts, and sweaters (cardigans essentially).  Underneath a white or cream shirt.  Color will be a scarf or belt or maybe shoes.  The goal is to be able to dress in the dark and have everything match.  This also stream lines shopping time; zero in on the black clothing with dark gray being acceptable.  Crazy? Maybe, but I'm going with it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment