Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Refreshing Frugal Cold Brew Coffee

It's been sometime since I last posted, a lot of time in fact.  Even though life happened and my fingers did not dance across the keys leaving frugal musings for all to read, I was still living my frugal life.  And in time I realized I missed posting, I missed sharing my take on a frugal life.  So here I am.  Posts will be at random, but still focused on living a life that is good for your wallet, your health, and your Earth.

Since I've been gone from blogging I discovered an easy way to enjoy cold brew coffee at home.  Sadly I once thought cold brew was simply cold coffee, how wrong I was!  My take is:

  •  1 cup coarsely ground coffee (key -- coarse!)
  • 4 cups water
  • soak grounds in water for 10-12 hours.
  • pour mixture through filter (I use the one from our coffee pot) into a container (I use our spare carafe).  I hear a french press works as well.
The result is divine!  Caution -- don't let those grounds go down the drain or what you save on buying cold brew will be eaten up with a plumbing expense.  I purchase coffee in bulk and get at least two travel mugs out of each 1:4 cup creation.  Hint, add a few drops of chocolate milk for the ultimate win!

Thanks for reading, and leave a comment if you desire!


No comments:

Post a Comment